To ‘play hooky’ is to be absent without permission. Who doesn’t want to knock off at noon for whisky?
Join us for a delicious two-course lunch with beer or wine in conversation with father and son duo David and Andrew Baker from Bakery Hill Distillery. Lunch will include sampling of the outstanding Bakery Hill range as you discuss boutique craft traditions and the past, present and future of whisky in Victoria.
After lunch, we’ll visit Starward Distillery to learn about founder David Vitale’s vision to produce and approachable, modern and distinctly Australian whisky. Starward’s Wine Cask edition was recently awarded Best Australian Single Malt at the 2017 World Whiskies Awards.
Visit Starward’s impressive distillery in Port Melbourne to discover the whisky production process and enjoy a guided whisky tasting of Starward’s core range and special projects. The tour with end with a bottle your own experience – hand bottling your own 200ml special bottle of cask strength Starward whisky directly from the barrel.
Meet at Harry & Frankie, 317 Bay Street Port Melbourne for a 12:30 start. The tour will end at Starward Distillery, 50 Bertie Street Port Melbourne, at 16:30.
- 8+ tastings of whisky during the afternoon
- two-course lunch with beer or wine with Bakery Hill Distillery’s owners and distillers, David and Andrew Baker
- The chance to wine a $135 bottle of Bakery Hill Classic Single Malt 500ml (drawn from the tour group) and discounted purchases on the day.
- VIP tour of the production process and master class tasting at Starward Distillery
- bottle your own 200ml special bottle of cask-strength Starward whisky, directly from the barrel
- transport from Harry & Frankie to Starward distillery
Tour group will be limited to 12.